Design & Technology Teacher Vacancy
Due to the expansion of Woodlands School a Full Time Qualified Design Technology Teacher is required for very small group (2-3 pupils) or one-to-one tuition for 5 days per week. Experience of teaching AQA Units and GCSE is essential as all pupils complete qualifications in Design Technology. There is also the possibility of teaching to “A” Level standard for the right candidate.
This is a very exciting time to be joining the Woodlands team as it is recognised by Estyn as an excellent educational establishment across all areas of the inspection framework. The Head Teacher has introduced many strategies to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the school.
Design and Technology Teacher
· Supporting the smooth day to day running of Outdoor Education.
· To liaise with school and care staff supporting in Outdoor Education.
· To support staff with managing behaviour in lessons and at break/lunch times when in school.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are being followed.
· To share best practices.
· To ensure value for money with resources.
· Internally moderate coursework/projects.
· Complete assessments 4 times a year (September, January, March and June)
· Complete analysis of results, identifying any gaps and creating action plans to ‘plug’ them.
· Ensure that the school website is updated with an up-to-date summary of what is available to prospective students when they study Outdoor Education at Woodlands.
· To maintain the Outdoor Education area and ensure that equipment is safe to use.
· To ensure that all lessons are planned and that all whole school policies and procedures are followed.
· Knowledge of design and technology teaching repertoire and skills.
· To ensure that all work is marked and up to date.
· To revise and update Schemes of Work and assessments.
· To ensure accurate information is passed onto the Exams Officer for examinations both internal and external.
· To take part in continuous professional development.
· To ensure that appropriate courses are taught to meet the needs of all pupils.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised at all times.
· To ensure that pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are followed.
· To ensure that daily handovers are completed on time.
· To ensure that any incidents or significant information is completed fully on the day it occurred.
· To promote resilience and positive attitudes to learning in lessons and in assemblies.
· To take on an active part in extracurricular activities and events.
· To support staff with positive behaviour management.
· To take part in assemblies.
· To engage in supervision session.
· To share best practice.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Excellent communication and relationship management skills, especially with learners, care givers and the wider school community.
· Awareness of the appropriate level of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of the learners.
· Capable of living up to universal ethical principles of honesty, truthfulness, integrity, fair treatment and respect for others.
Woodlands School is well supported by the Directors, therapists and care staff. All staff work closely together to ensure that every pupil succeeds in all areas of life.
Employee benefits include access to Perkbox which includes free mobile phone cover, eye care vouchers, discounted shopping vouchers etc.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th November at 12 noon
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: £23,858 - £29,954 p.a.