Due to the expansion of Woodlands School an Outdoor Education Tutor is required for our Outdoor Education Centre located within the grounds of one of our residential houses. The role would require one-to-one teaching and supporting learner with Basic Skills if necessary. This is a full time (term time) position working Monday-Friday. Hours: 8.30 am – 4 pm.
This is a very exciting time to be joining the Woodlands team as it is recognised by Estyn as an excellent educational establishment across all areas of the inspection framework. The staff have many strategies and strengths to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the school which support very positive behaviour and learning.
Woodlands School is well supported by the Directors, therapists and care staff. All staff work closely together to ensure that every pupil succeeds in all areas of life.
All teachers and unqualified teachers are enrolled in the Teachers’ Pension scheme and have the Education Workforce Council annual subscription paid as well as having the benefits of Perkbox, free eye tests, refreshments throughout the day, work laptops, mileage claims and discounts on vehicle repairs and MOTs.
· Supporting the smooth day to day running of Outdoor Education.
· To liaise with care staff supporting in Outdoor Education.
· To support staff with managing behavior in lessons and at break/lunch times when in school.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are being followed.
· To share best practices.
· To ensure value for money with resources.
· Internally moderate coursework/projects.
· Complete assessments 4 times a year (September, January, March and June)
· Complete analysis of results, identifying any gaps and creating action plans to ‘plug’ them.
· Ensure that the school website is updated with an up-to-date summary of what is available to prospective students when they study Outdoor Education at Woodlands.
· To maintain the Outdoor Education area and ensure that equipment is safe to use.
· To ensure that all lessons are planned and that all whole school policies and procedures are followed.
· Knowledge of bushcraft and carpentry.
· To ensure that all work is marked and up to date.
· To revise and update Schemes of Work.
· To take part in continuous professional development.
· To ensure that appropriate courses are taught to meet the needs of all pupils.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised at all times.
· To ensure that pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are followed.
· To ensure that daily handovers are completed on time.
· To ensure that any incidents or significant information is completed fully on the day it occurred.
· To promote resilience and positive attitudes to learning in lessons and in assemblies.
· To take on an active part in extracurricular activities and events.
· To support staff with positive behaviour management.
· To take part in assemblies.
· To engage in supervision session.
· To share best practice.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Excellent communication and relationship management skills, especially with learners, care givers and the wider school community.
· Awareness of the appropriate level of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of the learners.
· Capable of living up to universal ethical principles of honesty, truthfulness, integrity, fair treatment and respect for others.
Application deadline: 25th April 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £16,405 - £18,140 per annum
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com referencing 'Outdoor Education Tutor Vacancy'.