Updated: Aug 31
Due to the expansion of Woodlands School a Part Time Qualified Secondary or Primary trained Maths Teacher is required for very small group (2-3 pupils) or one-to-one tuition for 2 days per week. There is also the possibility of teaching to “A” Level standard for the right candidate.
This is a very exciting time to be joining the Woodlands team as it is recognised by Estyn as an excellent educational establishment across all areas of the inspection framework. The Head Teacher has introduced many strategies to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the school.
Woodlands School is well supported by the Directors, therapists and care staff. All staff work closely together to ensure that every pupil succeeds in all areas of life.
Salary Range: £25,050 - £31,451 (pro rata 2 days)
· Supporting the smooth day to day running of the school.
· To liaise with care staff supporting in school.
· To support staff with managing behaviour in lessons and at break/lunch times.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are being followed.
· To share best practices.
· To ensure value for money with resources.
· Internally moderate coursework.
· Complete assessments 4 times a year (September, January, March and June)
· Complete analysis of results, identifying any gaps and creating action plans to ‘plug’ them.
· Create graphs to reflect results collected and group them according to cohorts and additional needs.
· Ensure that the school website is updated with an up-to-date summary of what is available to prospective students when they study ICT at Woodlands.
· To ensure that all lessons are planned and that all whole school policies and procedures are followed.
· To ensure that all work is marked and up to date.
· To revise and update Schemes of Work.
· To take part in continuous professional development.
· To ensure that appropriate courses are taught to meet the needs of all pupils.
· To ensure that all pupils are supervised at all times.
· To ensure that pupils are supervised, and risk assessments are followed.
· To ensure that daily handovers are completed on time.
· To ensure that any incidents or significant information is completed fully on the day it occurred.
· To promote resilience and positive attitudes to learning in lessons and in assemblies.
· Organising numeracy assemblies, ensuring that numeracy packs are marked weekly and that learners work through the packs in the back of the folder. Also ensure that specialised packs are available to learners to help progression.
· To take on an active part in extracurricular activities and events.
· To support staff with positive behaviour management.
· To take part in assemblies.
· To engage in supervision session.
· To share best practice.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Excellent communication and relationship management skills, especially with learners, care givers and the wider school community.
· Awareness of the appropriate level of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of the learners.
· Capable of living up to universal ethical principles of honesty, truthfulness, integrity, fair treatment and respect for others.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Monday to Friday
Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 23/06/2023 Expected start date: 01/09/2023
Application requirements: Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org